White Ops was cofounded by chief scientist Dan Kaminsky in 2012 with White Ops president Michael Tiffany, Ash Kalb, and Tamer Hassan, the CEO of the company. Gene Fay is the company’s COO.
In 2016 discovered the Methbot network of bots. More than six thousand online publishers and platforms were affected, including Facebook, generating $3-$5 million in fraudulent ad revenue per day. In 2017 White Ops then uncovered the 3ve bot network, one of the largest ad fraud enterprises yet discovered at 1.7 infected computers, leading to thirteen Department of Justice indictments in 2018 after an investigation of the network with Google and the FBI.
Originally operating to prevent ad fraud online, in 2018 White Ops expanded its ad fraud activities to include television. It detects bots and bot networks and uses human verification as a part of the process. It processes a trillion transactions per month as of 2018.
White Ops has produced reports on ad fraud with the Association of National Advertisers since 2014. In 2017 White Ops began partnering with The Trade Desk to block fraudulent impressions before advertisers make bids. The following year, in 2018, WhiteOps began a similar partnership with Beachfront Media and video management platform Telaria. White Ops also partners with Adobe Advertising Cloud to provide independent third-party bot detection.
- O’Reilly, Lara (1 September 2017). "CMO Today: Grocers' Price Squeeze Hurts Packaged Foods; Spotify Refines Video Strategy; The Blaze Layoffs" – via www.wsj.com.
- Greenberg, Andy (5 December 2017). "'Mailsploit' Lets Hackers Forge Perfect Email Spoofs" – via www.wired.com.
- "Dan Kaminsky's Visions Of The CISO's Future". Dark Reading.
- "White Ops". Crunchbase.
- "Mobile Apps, Influencer Marketing Top Fraud Targets for 2018 - eMarketer". www.emarketer.com.
- Flynn, Kerry (19 September 2018). "'It's everyone's problem': Google touts commitment against ad fraud".
- www.ITSecurityNews.info (16 April 2019). "White Ops appoints Tamer Hassan as CEO - - IT Security News".
- "Adobe taps White Ops to combat ad fraud in streaming TV". adage.com. 25 July 2018.
- Resources, Management Association, Information (1 February 2019). "Multigenerational Online Behavior and Media Use: Concepts, Methodologies, Tools, and Applications: Concepts, Methodologies, Tools, and Applications". IGI Global – via Google Books.
- Zhu, Xingquan; Tao, Haicheng; Wu, Zhiang; Cao, Jie; Kalish, Kristopher; Kayne, Jeremy (8 June 2017). "Fraud Prevention in Online Digital Advertising". Springer – via Google Books.
- "How White Ops brought down one of the most widespread bots in history". Built In NYC.
- "Eight People Are Facing Charges As A Result Of The FBI's Biggest-Ever Ad Fraud Investigation". BuzzFeed News.
- Shields, Ronan. "White Ops Launched a PSA to Increase Public Awareness About Ad Fraud". www.adweek.com.
- Wolk, Alan. "Why Stopping Fraudulent Advertising On Television Before It Even Starts Is A Smart Idea". Forbes.
- Mishra, Madhup (14 May 2018). "Why today's real-time economy needs machine learning". InfoWorld.
- O’Reilly, Lara (25 August 2017). "Google Issuing Refunds to Advertisers Over Fake Traffic, Plans New Safeguard" – via www.wsj.com.
- Tran, Kevin. "Google helps minimize ad fraud". Business Insider.
- Zook, Ze; Smith, P. R. (3 February 2016). "Marketing Communications: Offline and Online Integration, Engagement and Analytics". Kogan Page Publishers – via Google Books.
- McStay, Andrew (14 October 2016). "Digital Advertising". Macmillan International Higher Education – via Google Books.
- "Trade Desk Responds to P&G's Pritchard's Call to Action, Takes Shot at Google". adage.com. 31 August 2017.
- Thursday, Kelly Liyakasa //; March 15th; Pm, 2018-2:00 (15 March 2018). "White Ops And Beachfront Team Up To Prevent OTT Ad Fraud – But How Big Of A Problem Is It?". AdExchanger.
- "Telaria Inks Deal With White Ops For Fraud Prevention". www.mediapost.com.
- "Adobe Advertising Cloud will start scanning connected TV inventory for invalid traffic". 6 August 2018.