Samsung Galaxy A90 5G
The Samsung Galaxy A90 5G is an Android phablet manufactured by Samsung Electronics as part of its fifth-generation Galaxy A series lineup. It comes with Android 9 (Pie) with Samsung's One UI skin, 128 GB of internal storage, and a 4500 mAh battery. It is Samsung's first mid-range smartphone to support 5G network connectivity. The Galaxy A90 5G was unveiled at South Korea on September 3, 2019.
The Samsung Galaxy A90 5G has a 6.7 in (170 mm) FHD+ (1080×2400 pixel resolution) Super AMOLED Infinity-U Display with a U-shaped notch for the frontal camera, similar to the Galaxy A70. The phone has 6GB and 8GB RAM versions, with 128GB of internal storage. The 6GB RAM version's storage is expandable to 512GB via MicroSD card. The phone measures 164.8 x 76.4 x 8.4 mm (6.47 x 3.02 x 0.31 in) and weighs 206 g (7.3 oz), with a 4500 mAh battery.
The phone has a triple-lens camera composing of a 48MP f/2.0 wide-angle lens, 8MP f/2.2 ultra-wide angle lens with a 123 degree field of view, and a 5MP 3D depth sensor. The 3D depth sensor can work with the other lenses to simulate a Bokeh effect through a "live focus" mode. There is a 32MP f/2.0 frontal camera also supporting the live focus mode. The camera also has Samsung's scene optimizer technology that recognizes various scenes and automatically adjusts the camera settings. The phone also can record 4K video through the camera application.
The Galaxy A90 runs on Android Pie with Samsung's One UI skin, similar to other Samsung phones released in 2019, that repositions the touch area in stock Samsung apps towards the bottom. This enables the user to control the phone with one hand, despite its large screen size. It is also Samsung's first midrange phone to come with Samsung's DeX that allows users to connect the phone to a computer using a USB-C cable.
Max Parker of Trusted Reviews and GSM Arena, praised the 5G connectivity available for a lower price compared to flagship devices, while critiquing the fact that there are flagship devices without 5G available for similar or lower prices. Britta O'Boyle of Pocket Lint positively described the phone's screen, power, and 5G, recommending it for consumers considering purchasing a 5G device. TechRadar, in its hands-on review, also praised the phone's display and battery, while critiquing the weight of the device and the UI of the camera application. It also called the device one of the five best smartphones announced at the IFA 2019.
- "Experience the New Galaxy A90 5G for the Era of Live". news.samsung.com. Retrieved 2019-09-03.
- Team, GSMArena. "Samsung Galaxy A90 5G – Full phone specifications". GSMArena.com. Retrieved 2019-09-03.
- Pocket-lint (2019-09-06). "Samsung Galaxy A90 5G initial review". Pocket-lint. Retrieved 2019-09-10.
- Sagar (2019-09-03). "Samsung Galaxy A90 5G goes official: Snapdragon 855 SoC, 48MP camera, 6.7" display – GSMArena.com news". GSMArena.com. Retrieved 2019-09-03.
- 김은정 (2019-09-03). "Samsung to launch budget 5G smartphone in S. Korea". Yonhap News Agency. Retrieved 2019-09-03.
- Byford, Sam (2019-09-02). "Samsung's Galaxy A90 5G is a mid-range phone with next-gen speeds". The Verge. Retrieved 2019-09-03.
- Bohn, Dieter (2019-02-19). "Samsung's One UI is the best software it's ever put on a smartphone". The Verge. Retrieved 2019-02-20.
- "Samsung Galaxy A90 5G hands-on review". GSMArena.com. Retrieved 2019-09-10.
- "Samsung Galaxy A90 5G Review: Hands on". Trusted Reviews. Retrieved 2019-09-10.
- phones, Gerald Lynch 2019-09-05T12:13:53Z Mobile. "Hands on: Hands on: Samsung Galaxy A90 5G review". TechRadar. Retrieved 2019-09-10.
- phones, Tom Bedford 2019-09-08T12:00:02Z Mobile. "5 of the best smartphones announced at IFA 2019". TechRadar. Retrieved 2019-09-10.