Samsung Galaxy A30
The Samsung Galaxy A30 is a mid-range Android phablet developed, marketed and manufactured by Samsung Electronics. Running on the Android 9.0 "Pie" software, the A30 was unveiled on February 25, 2019 alongside the Samsung Galaxy A10 and Samsung Galaxy A50 at the Mobile World Congress. It was released a month later on March 2, 2019.
The A30 received generally mixed reviews upon release, with critics praising its display and interface. However, criticism was aimed at the phone's performance, battery life and camera.
The Galaxy A30 sports a 6.4-inch Super AMOLED Infinity-U screen display, along with an 84.9% screen-to-body ratio made out of the Gorilla Glass 3 material. Its dimensions measure 158.5 mm by 74.7 mm by 7.7 mm. Housing the Exynos 7904 chipset, the A30 also comes with 2 storage options, 32GB with 3GB of RAM and 64GB with 4GB of RAM that is expandable up to 512GB via microSD. It also contains a battery of 4000 mAh. The device has a dedicated slot for microSIM and a dual nano SIM slot which supports VoLTE.
The A30 comprises of a dual-lens rear camera. The primary lens is 16 megapixels large, with a f/1.7 aperture and a face detection auto-focus feature. The second, ultra-wide camera lens is 5 megapixels large with an aperture size of f/2.2. Like the main lens at the back, the front camera of the phone also has a megapixel size of 16. The overall camera of the A30 offers support for LED flash and Full HD video recording as well.
The same dual-lens 16MP rear camera module setup is also installed on Samsung Galaxy A40.
The Galaxy A30s uses 25MP rear camera module setup from Samsung Galaxy A50, while retaining same front camera as the Samsung Galaxy A30.
The device uses the Android 9 "Pie" operating system, along with Samsung's One UI 1.0 user interface. The A30 also supports Bluetooth 5.0 and Wifi connectivity whilst featuring services such as the Bixby assistant, Samsung Pay and Samsung Health.
The A30 has received an overall mixed critical reception. Both Deepak Rajawat from smartprix and Sanket Vijayasarathy from India Today praised the Galaxy A30's display, software and battery life, but criticized the phone's chipset due to performance issues and found its camera to be of "average" quality. Tom Bedford and Matt Swider of TechRadar also complimented the vibrant screen of the A30. However, they found the phone difficult to handle due to its large size. Writing a review for 91mobiles, Shekhar Thakhan complimented the phone's AMOLED display, One UI interface and battery life as well. However, the back of the phone was noted to be a "fingerprint magnet".
- "Samsung Galaxy A30 Review – Samsung Galaxy A30 Price in Pakistan". Whatmobile4me. June 23, 2019. Retrieved September 21, 2019.
- "Samsung A30 priced at P13,990, arrives March 30". Rappler. March 14, 2019. Retrieved September 23, 2019.
- Chapree, Chief (March 14, 2019). "Samsung Galaxy A50 and Galaxy A30 To Be Launched In Malaysia On 18 March". Lowyat. Retrieved September 27, 2019.
- "Samsung Announces the Launch of the Galaxy A10, A30 and A50 in Singapore". Samsung. April 5, 2019. Retrieved September 27, 2019.
- "Samsung Galaxy A30 - Full Phone Specifications". GSMArena. Retrieved September 6, 2019.
- "Samsung Galaxy A30 specs". Phone Arena. Retrieved September 6, 2019.
- "10 highest selling smartphones of the world in 2019". Gadgets Now. September 6, 2019. Retrieved September 10, 2019.
- Hegde, Pranav (February 28, 2019). "Samsung Galaxy A10, Galaxy A30, Galaxy A50 launched in India: Price, specs, availability". MoneyControl. Retrieved September 14, 2019.
- "Samsung Galaxy A30 SM-A305F Specifications". Sam Mobile. Retrieved September 15, 2019.
- "Samsung Announces New Galaxy A Series with Upgrades to Essential Features". Samsung. February 25, 2019. Retrieved September 23, 2019.
- Chauhan, Siddharth (February 28, 2019). "Samsung Galaxy A10, Galaxy A30 and Galaxy A50 launched in India starting at Rs 8,490". TechRadar. Retrieved September 16, 2019.
- Patel, Idrees (February 25, 2019). "Samsung announces the mid-range Galaxy A50 and Galaxy A30 with Infinity-U displays". XDA Developers. Retrieved September 14, 2019.
- Bhutani, Dhruv. "Samsung Galaxy a30 review". Android Authority. Retrieved September 6, 2019.
- Rajawat, Deepak (August 16, 2019). "Samsung Galaxy A30 Review With Pros and Cons: Should You Buy It?". smartprix. Retrieved September 7, 2019.
- Vijayasarathy, Sanket (April 16, 2019). "Samsung Galaxy A30 review: Sleek design, great display but Galaxy M30 offers better value". India Today. Retrieved September 9, 2019.
- Bedford, Tom (April 11, 2019). "Hands on: Samsung Galaxy A30 review". TechRadar. Retrieved September 10, 2019.
- Thakhan, Shekhar (March 19, 2019). "Samsung Galaxy A30 review: the Korean giant gets serious in the mid-range". 91mobiles. Retrieved September 19, 2019.