Prakash Sarkar (born 15 February 1997 in West Bengal, India) is an Indian professional footballer who played as a defensive midfielder for East Bengal FC since 2017.
Prakash Sarkar started his career with the youth academy of Pune F.C. under then coach Ranjan Chowdhury and participated in the 2015-16 U-18 I-League and reached the final round. In 2016-17, he joined East Bengal FC and played for the East Bengal F.C. U-18 side, again under Ranjan Chowdhury, which became runners-up in the 2016-17 U-18 I-League.
East Bengal FC
In 2017-18, under coach Khalid Jamil, Prakash Sarkar after his excellent performance for the East Bengal F.C. U-18 side, was promoted to the senior squad and he made his debut in the Calcutta Football League going on to make 5 appearances in total. His I-League debut came in the 2017-18 I-League on 22 December 2017, away against Chennai City F.C. which East Bengal FC won 1-2. He made 9 appearances in the 2017-18 I-League season, playing as a defensive midfield as East Bengal finished 4th. He was also a part of the East Bengal team, that became runners-up in the 2018 Indian Super Cup held at Bhubaneshwar as East Bengal FC lost 1-4 to Bengaluru FC in the final. Prakash Sarkar, however, did not play any of the matches and remained on the bench throughout the campaign.
In 2018-19, under coach Alejandro Menendez, Prakash Sarkar did not get as much chance as he got in the previous season with just 3 appearances from the bench in the 2018-19 I-League, the season went very lack-lusture for the defensive midfielder.
At the start of 2019-20 season, Prakash Sarkar signed a 3 years contract extension with East Bengal FC. He has played 2 games this season, with 1 appearance in 2019 Durand Cup. Coach Alejandro Menendez has been trying him as a Centre-back in the pre-season before the 2019-20 I-League.
- As of match played on 26 September 2019
- Appearances in Calcutta Football League
- Appearances in Durand Cup
- East Bengal
- Indian Super Cup: runner-up: 2018
- "FOOTBALL TEAM - QUESS EAST BENGAL FC 2019-20". East Bengal Club. Retrieved 8 November 2019.
- "AIFF Academy Beat East Bengal To Clinch U-18 I-League Title". I-League. Retrieved 8 November 2019.
- "MATCHES OF P. SARKAR". Soccerway. Retrieved 8 November 2019.
- "East Bengal extend contract of three youngsters". The Times of India. Retrieved 8 November 2019.