Maggie Benedict (born February 10, 1981), is an South African actress, writer, director. Born in Pretoria,Gauteng, She studied acting at Pretoria Tech. Benedict is best known for playing the role of Akhona Miya on the SABC 1 soap opera Generations (2011-2014).
Benedict has appeared in films including Attack On Durfur (2009), Step To a start up (2014), Queen Of Kwate (2016). She received South African Film and Television Awards for Best ensemble cast award for her performance in the 2011 film The Mating Game. During her theatre stint, Benedict performed at the Civic Theatre in "Showboat and Goldilocks" and "The Three Bears".
On television, Benedict starred as Akhona Miya in the SABC drama series Generations from 2011 to 2014,and as Violet in the eTV telenovela series Ashes To Ashes (2015–2016), for which she received South African Film and Television Awards for Best-supporting actress. From 2010 to 2011, she co-starred as Zoey Matsekwa in the [M-Net/kykNET soapie Binnelanders.
Early life and education
Benedict was born February 10, 1981 in Pretoria, province of Gauteng, the daughter of a retired teacher, and a medical doctor.  She has two siblings, Nkoni and Abel Benedict. Benedict graduated from Pretoria Technikon (Now known as Tshwane University of Technology), where she started acting.
In 2007, Benedict graduated from New York's, Michael Howard Studios. As a college student, she made she would be found hanging around in libraries.  While at the school, Benedict performed in various Stage productions and school plays, including "Does Anyone Know Sarah Paisner" and "Anais Nin Goes To Hell".
In 2008, Benedict appeared in Anthony Minghella's film adaption of Alexander McCall Smith 's series of books The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency, she starred in the movie along Jill Scott, Anika Noni Rose and other.
Film career & Television career
In 2007, After graduating from college, she landed a role on 7de Laan. This was her first TV show, she portrayed the role of Lebo.
In 2010 Benedict starred as Grace Molele in the SABC 2 drama series, The Mating Game,in 2010 alongside Renate Stuurman and Elma Postma. It was based on, the personal lives of three women struggling with motherhood, love and friendship.  Between April 2010 and 2011, she was cast in the M-Net/kykNET soapie Binnelanders (which was known as Binneland Sub Judice at the time). 
Generations (2011-2014 Axed)
In Octoberv 12,2011, she made her debut on SABC1 popular soapie Generations, where she played role of Akhona Memela Miya,  The role brought Benedict widespread recognition and critical acclaim. The soap was an instant success in the ratings (with almost 7 millions viewers per episode), and Benedict became an audience favorite. In 2014 Benedict and other 15 actors were dismissed after they went on strike (for wage increase) and failed to meet a deadline set by the producer to return to work.After Generations executive producer Mfundi Vundla fired the actors from the program and terminated their contracts, The actors (Generations 16) took legal actions.
Ashes To Ashes - present
|2009||Attack On Durfur||Halima|
|2014||Step To a start up||N/a|
|2016||Queen Of Kwate||Chess Federation Secretary|
|2009||"The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency||Violet|
|2010||"Geraamtes in die Kas||Bongi van der Merwe|
|2011–2014||Generations||Akhona Mamela Miya|
|2015 – 2016||Ashes To Ashes||Violet|
- "10 Things you don't know about Maggie Benedict". OkMzansi. June 18, 2014.
- ""Maggie Benedict treats me like a mental case" - sister | All4Women". All 4 Women. September 14, 2015.
- News, Eyewitness. "Family will fight to clear Maggie Benedict's name". ewn.co.za.
- "Profile: Maggie Benedict". News24. August 11, 2013.
- "Exclusive Interview: Maggie Benedict!". July 28, 2012.
- "The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency (TV Series 2008–2009) - IMDb" – via m.imdb.com.
- "Geraamtes in die Kas | Season 1 | TVSA". www.tvsa.co.za.
- "Hartland | Season 1 | TVSA". www.tvsa.co.za.
- "Maggie Benedict | TVSA". www.tvsa.co.za.
- Mueni, Priscillah (September 3, 2019). "All about Maggie Benedict and the bleaching of her baby". Briefly.
- "A new generation for Maggie Benedict?". News24. April 10, 2014.
- Pantsi, Nandipha. "Maggie Benedict back on Generations".
- "Original Generations cast: Where are they now?". Channel. September 1, 2017.
- Rahlaga, Masego. "Final Generations episode to air ahead of hiatus". ewn.co.za.
- "e.tv pulls the plug on Ashes to Ashes". SowetanLIVE.