Kasturi Chellaraja Wilson
Kasturi Angela Chellaraja Wilson is a Sri Lankan activist, accountant, financial expert, businesswoman and a former professional national basketball player. She is also the current Managing Director of the Hemas Pharmaceuticals and Logistics, which is a subsidiary of the Hemas Holdings. She also serves as the current President of Sri Lanka Chamber of the Pharmaceutical Industry and previously served as the Senior Vice President of the Chamber of the Pharmaceutical industry. In March 2019, she was named as one of the most powerful influential women and was also listed among women change-makers in Sri Lanka by the Parliament of Sri Lanka coinciding with the International Women's Day.
She is well known for her efforts in empowering the young women as a measure to reduce the gender gap in the country.
Kasturi initially began her early career as a sportsperson. She played both netball and basketball at the school level competitions representing the Holy Family Convent before entering into the senior national team.
However she later pursued her career in the financial sector by joining the Dubai based company Aramex as a financial controller. After a brief stint at Aramex, she joined the Hemas company in 2002. In 2011, she was appointed as the managing director of the Hemas Transport and served in the position until 2016. Since 2016, she is working as the managing director of Hemas Pharmaceuticals and Hemas Logistics. She is also working as a frontline maritime, logistics and financial expert. Kasturi also received wide attention for addressing the negative impacts of the economy following the 2019 Easter bombings. She is also a fellow member of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, UK.
On 7 August 2019, she was voted to be elected as the new President of the Sri Lanka Chamber of the Pharmaceutical Industry replacing Shyam Sathasivam. She is also the first woman to be elected to the relevant position.
- "Hemas". Hemas Holdings PLC. Retrieved 2019-11-08.
- "Kasturi Angela Chellaraja Wilson". www.bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2019-11-08.
- ""It's not about being a perfect mum or perfect career woman" | Daily FT". www.ft.lk. Retrieved 2019-11-08.
- "Kasturi Chellaraja Wilson elected as new President of the Sri Lanka Chamber of the Pharmaceutical Industry". island.lk. Retrieved 2019-11-05.
- "Pharma industry delivers bitter pill on pricing cap | Daily FT". www.ft.lk. Retrieved 2019-11-08.
- "50 Most Powerful Women – #8 Kasturi Chellaraja Wilson – Echelon". echelon.lk. Retrieved 2019-11-08.
- "Kasturi of Hemas Group honoured as a change maker in Sri Lanka | Daily FT". www.ft.lk. Retrieved 2019-11-08.
- "Kasturi of Hemas honoured as a Change Maker in Sri Lanka". www.dailymirror.lk. Retrieved 2019-11-08.
- "Sri Lanka : Sri Lanka parliament celebrates Sri Lankan Women Changemakers". www.colombopage.com. Retrieved 2019-11-08.
- "Speakers ⇽ AMCHAM Modern Workplaces: Empowering the female workforce | American Chamber of Commerce in Sri Lanka". EventBank. Retrieved 2019-11-08.
- "The best of both worlds". The Morning - Sri Lanka News. 2019-05-09. Retrieved 2019-11-08.
- "Maritime and Logistics industry : Create our own position through value addition – Kasturi Wilson". Sunday Observer. 2017-10-28. Retrieved 2019-11-08.
- "Kasturi Wilson appointed as MD of Hemas Transport Sector". www.island.lk. Retrieved 2019-11-08.
- LBO (2017-08-22). "Sunshine Healthcare's Shyam Sathasivam calls for urgent private public collaboration for a sustainable pharma industry". Lanka Business Online. Retrieved 2019-11-08.