Josh Luber is an American entrepreneur and sneaker collector who co-founded StockX, the stock market for things. Luber worked for IBM when he founded Campless, a "sneakerhead data" company that tracked the secondary market for sneaker sales.[video 1] Campless then morphed into StockX, which is an online marketplace for high-end product resale.
Luber is an expert on the sneaker resale market, and has applied that knowledge to the broader secondary market for luxury goods, a $6 billion global industry. Originally from Philadelphia, Luber is a graduate of Emory University, from which he holds a Bachelors, and MBA, and a law degree.
StockX was jointly founded by Dan Gilbert, Greg Schwartz, Josh Luber and Chris Kaufman in 2015, with an emphasis on the sneaker resale market. Until mid-2019, Luber was the CEO of StockX. However, he stepped down from that role upon raising a Series C, $110 million round of venture capital funding at a $1 Billion valuation for the company.
Luber lives with his wife and two daughters in Birmingham, Michigan.
- "Josh Luber is part of the BoF 500". The Business of Fashion. Retrieved 2019-10-08.
- Aquino, Tara (2019-02-19). "HOW I GOT HERE :: Josh Luber of StockX". The Hundreds. Retrieved 2019-10-08.
- Sundaram, Anjali (2019-06-26). "A stock exchange for sneakers is now worth $1 billion and it just hired a former eBay exec as CEO". CNBC. Retrieved 2019-10-08.
- "Josh Luber". Internet Retailer Conference + Exhibition. Retrieved 2019-10-08.
- Gorsler, Fabian (2019-10-07). "After Changing the Resell Market, What is Next for StockX and Josh Luber?". Highsnobiety. Retrieved 2019-10-08.
- FERNANDEZ, CHANTAL (2018-11-29). "Luxury as the Next Stock Market of Things: Josh Luber". The Business of Fashion. Retrieved 2019-10-08.
- Quinn, Kaylyssa. "StockX CEO returns to Goizueta to discuss economics, sneakers with students – EmoryBusiness.com". Retrieved 2019-10-08.
- Griffith, Erin. "Buy Low-Tops, Sell High-Tops: StockX Sneaker Exchange Is Worth $1.8 Billion". The New York Times. Retrieved 28 June 2019.
- Anyanwu, Obi (2019-09-26). "Digital Forum: StockX's Josh Luber on Supply and Demand". WWD. Retrieved 2019-10-08.
- Griffith, Erin (2019-06-26). "Buy Low-Tops, Sell High-Tops: StockX Sneaker Exchange Is Worth $1 Billion". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2019-10-08.
- Finkel, Adam (2018-09-20). "StockX Laces Up". The Jewish News. Retrieved 2019-10-08.