Jeff Young (DJ)
Jeff Young is an English Radio and Music Disc Jockey and Producer, with an experience of over forty years. Young has been a presenter on BBC Radio 1, Capital Radio and Kiss FM. He currently presents the Sunday morning programme The Journey on Jazz FM.
Beginning his career as a Club DJ, Young first began working in radio broadcasting came when he joined BBC Radio London in 1980 at the recommendation of Robbie Vincent. After Vincent left for Radio 1 in 1984, Young began presenting the Saturday evening show on a full time basis. Young joined Radio 1 in 1987, where he began hosting the Friday night dance music programme Big Beat, continuing to do so until the start of 1991.
After a five year stint in A&R, Young returned to broadcasting on Kiss FM in London, where he hosted the weekend lunchtime slot, he stayed on Kiss until June 1997 when he joined Capital Radio in London where he presented the evening show Club Culture. The programme was popular with listeners and Young won a silver award at the 1998 Sony Award's for Best Specialist Radio Show. In August 1998, Young moved over to XFM and began presenting weekday mornings.
On television Young has worked closely with Channel 4, presenting documentaries for the channel. He also is active as a club and music DJ and often headlines several festivals across the United Kingdom, including Campsoul.
- Jeff Young
- Dave Pearce: Dance Years
- "Founding member of Dundee's Average White Band dies aged 74". Evening Telegraph. ISSN 0307-1235. Retrieved 2020-01-12.
- Savage, Mark (2017-09-30). "50 facts about Radio 1 & 2 as they turn 50". Retrieved 2020-01-12.
- Goddard, Grant. KISS FM: From Radical Radio To Big Business: The Inside Story Of A London Pirate Radio Station's Path To Success.
- Devlin, JP (2018). From Analogue to Digital Radio: Competition and Cooperation in the UK Radio Industry. p. 130.
- "The 40 Essential DJs of The Past 40 Years".
- Jeff Young
- Phillips, Dom. Superstar DJs Here We Go!. Random House. p. 255.
- "On Air: World record holder". The Independent. 1998-08-31. Retrieved 2020-01-14.
- "The Journey with Jeff Young".
- "Robbie Vincent refused last show on Jazz". RadioToday. Retrieved 2020-01-14.