Het Hogeland is a municipality in the north of the province of Groningen in the northeast of the Netherlands.
The municipality of Het Hogeland was established on 1 January 2019 by merging the municipalities of Bedum, De Marne, Eemsmond and Winsum.
Het Hogeland is located atin the north of the province of Groningen and in the northeast of the Netherlands.
The population centers in the municipality are: Broek, Eemshaven, Eenrum, Ellerhuizen, Eppenhuizen, Hornhuizen, Houwerzijl, Kantens, Kleine Huisjes, Kloosterburen, Kruisweg, Lauwersoog, Leens, Mensingeweer, Molenrij, Niekerk, Noordwolde, Oldenzijl, Onderdendam, Oosteinde, Oosternieland, Oudeschip, Pieterburen, Roodeschool, Rottum, Schouwerzijl, Startenhuizen, Stitswerd, Uithuizen, Uithuizermeeden, Ulrum, Usquert, Vierhuizen, Warfhuizen, Warffum, Wehe-den Hoorn, Westerdijkshorn, Westernieland, Zandeweer, Zoutkamp, Zuidwolde and Zuurdijk.
Henk Jan Bolding of the Christian Democratic Appeal (CDA) is mayor of Het Hogeland.
The Sauwerd–Roodeschool railway connects the railway stations Warffum, Usquert, Uithuizen, Uithuizermeeden, and Roodeschool to the Groningen railway station and the rest of the Dutch railway network.
- Rodolphus Agricola (ca.1443–1485) a pre-Erasmian humanist, a Hebrew scholar, an educator, musician and builder of a church organ
- Wigbolt, Baron Ripperda (ca.1535–1573) city governor of Haarlem when the city was under siege in the Eighty Years' War
- Hermanus Numan (1744–1820) painter, draftsman, pastellist, etcher, engraver, watercolorist, art theorist and publisher
- Gezina van der Molen (1892-1978) legal scholar and resistance fighter during WW11
- Ranomi Kromowidjojo (born 1990) Dutch swimmer, triple Olympic champion
- Willem Surenhuis (c.1664 in Rottum – 1729) a Dutch Christian scholar of Hebrew
- Hendrik Bulthuis (1865 in Warffum – 1945) a Dutch customs official, author and translator of more than thirty works into Esperanto
- Hendrik Nicolaas Werkman (1882 in Leens – 1945) an experimental Dutch artist, typographer and printer
- Frits Peutz (1896 in Uithuizen – 1974) architect
- Aldert van der Ziel (1910 in Zandeweer – 1991) a Dutch physicist who studied electronic noise processes
- Molly Geertsema (1918–1991) politician and jurist, Mayor of Warffum 1953-1957
- Seth Gaaikema (1939 in Uithuizen – 2014) cabaret artist, writer, and lyricist
- Ede Staal (1941 in Warffum – 1986) a Dutch singer-songwriter, sang mainly in Gronings dialect
- Cornelis Simon Meijer (1904 in Pieterburen – 1974) a Dutch mathematician and academic
- Sicco Mansholt (1908 in Ulrum – 1995) a Dutch politician and diplomat
- Martin Zijlstra (1944 in Eenrum – 2014) a Dutch politician
- Freek de Jonge (born 1944 in Westernieland) a Dutch cabaret performer and writer 
- Arjen Robben, professional footballer for Bayern Munich and the Netherlands national football team
- IMDb Database retrieved 10 August 2019