Dustin Skinner (born April 20, 1985) is a former American stock car racing driver. He has competed in one NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series race, in 2008 at Martinsville Speedway. He is the son of Mike Skinner.
Skinner started his racing career in 1998, driving go-karts. He later moved on to Fast Trucks at various Florida racetracks, and ran Daytona International Speedway as a part of the IPOWER Dash series in 2004. He tested a NASCAR Craftsman Truck at New Smyrna Speedway in October 2007. In October 2008, Skinner made his only NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series start at Martinsville Speedway, starting 31st and finishing 34th after an early-race incident in turn three derailed his efforts. The start came with Germain Racing, an affiliate of Toyota Racing Development, whom Skinner had also worked with in late model racing. The start with Germain came after a driver development program with Key Motorsports did not come to fruition; in March 2008 the team announced that they were looking to field Skinner in up to six Truck races that year, dependent on sponsorship.
After his driving career finished, Skinner transitioned into a mechanic role, working in Florida to prepare racecars in that state. He also helps, along with brother Jamie Skinner, on father Mike Skinner's late model efforts.
Motorsports career results
(key) (Bold – Pole position awarded by qualifying time. Italics – Pole position earned by points standings or practice time. * – Most laps led.)
Craftsman Truck Series
|NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series results|
- "DASH: Mike Skinner tutors son Dustin at Daytona test". Motorsport.com. Retrieved September 10, 2019.
- Lunkenheimer, Beth. "Tearing Apart the Trucks: New Faces in the Field". Frontstretch. Retrieved September 9, 2019.
- "Benson wins Martinsville to regain points lead". AutoRacing1.com. Retrieved September 10, 2019.
- "Dustin Skinner Following His Father's Footsteps". Hardcore Race Fans. Retrieved September 10, 2019.
- "March 2008 Craftsman Truck Series Archive". Jayski's Silly Season Site. Retrieved September 10, 2019.
- Willis, Ken (October 2, 2015). "From speedways to fairways, Mike Skinner has found his groove". Daytona Beach News-Journal. Retrieved September 10, 2019.
- Gergory, Allen. "Skinner wins Pro Late Model event at BMS". Bristol Herald Courier. Retrieved September 10, 2019.
- "Dustin Skinner 2008 NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series results". Racing Reference. Retrieved September 9, 2019.