Hatice Deniz Tekin (born 7 June 1997) is a Turkish musician and songwriter. Her interest in music began at the age of 8, when she started to play piano and flute. She joined various local music groups during her secondary and high school years. At the age of 16, she began performing live music in small cafes. At the same time, she shared her own recordings under the nickname Daphead on various music platforms and made covers of known songs and attracted attention. In 2017, she released her first studio album Kozakuluçka.
Life and career
She was born in İzmir as a child of a civil servant and spent her first years in Konak. Her parents studied dentistry and she spent her childhood in different provinces. She first went to Mardin with her family and finished primary school there. Then she completed her secondary and high school education in Gaziantep. Her interest in music started with piano and flute with the encouragement of her father. In Gaziantep, she shared her works on music sharing platforms such as SoundCloud and attracted attention. Her recordings during this period were listened to between 1 and 7 million times on YouTube. After creating an adequate audience, she gave concerts in big cities such as Istanbul, Ankara, İzmir and Antalya. In an interview in 2015, Turkish singer Kalben drew attention to the instruments and voice of Tekin. After leaving Gaziantep, she started studying Western Languages and Literature at Boğaziçi University. In 2017, at the age of nineteen, she released her first studio album Kozakuluçka, which consists of nine songs. In this album, she also covered songs such as "Beni Vur" by Ahmet Kaya and Yusuf Hayaloğlu. At the time of the 2017 Turkish constitutional referendum she gave support to the 'No' campaign.
- Gaziantep Kolej Vakfı. "GKV ATATÜRK'Ü ANMA İL TÖRENİ BÜYÜK BEĞENİYLE İZLENDİ". Archived from the original on 8 March 2018. Retrieved 7 March 2018.
- SonDakika.com. "Reklamı Kapat Şahinbey Lions Kulüpten Eğitime Büyük Destek". Archived from the original on 8 March 2018. Retrieved 7 March 2017.
- Arslan, Güliz. "Artık star'lık diye bir şey kalmadı". Hürriyet. Archived from the original on 7 May 2017. Retrieved 24 April 2017.
- Kavukluoğlu, Suat. "Bu gençler ateş ediyor". NTV Sanat. Retrieved 24 April 2017.
- "Deniz Tekin Kadıköy Sahne'de". Karnaval. Archived from the original on 12 April 2017. Retrieved 24 April 2017.
- Akyıldız, Tolga. "İşte internetteki müzik platformlarının yeni fenomenleri:". Hürriyet Kelebek. Archived from the original on 5 February 2017. Retrieved 24 April 2017.
- "Deniz Tekin İlk Albümünü Çıkardı!". Wagazin. Archived from the original on 7 May 2017. Retrieved 24 April 2017.
- "Deniz Tekin- Kozakuluçka". Milliyet Sanat. Archived from the original on 7 May 2017. Retrieved 24 April 2017.
- "Sahnelere 'bayram günü gibi gelen': Kalben". Hürriyet. Archived from the original on 2 August 2016. Retrieved 24 April 2017.
- "Babylon 24 Nisan haftası programında neler var?". Milliyet. Archived from the original on 7 May 2017. Retrieved 24 April 2017.
- Tekin, Deniz [@deniztekinesor] (15 April 2017). "köprüden önce son çıkış #hayir" (Tweet) (in Türkçe). Retrieved 24 April 2017 – via Twitter.CS1 maint: unrecognized language (link)