BRW Rich 200, 2016
The BRW Rich 200, 2016 is the 33rd annual survey of the wealthiest people resident in Australia, published in The Australian Financial Review on 27 May 2016. From its establishment in 1984 and up until the publication of the 2016 list, the survey had been published in either hardcopy and/or online format in the BRW, or formerly, the Business Review Weekly. On 4 March 2016, Fairfax Media announced the closure of the BRW website, and redirected the site to a new section of The Australian Financial Review. Rich lists are now published in The Australian Financial Review Magazine and in 2017 were rebranded as the Financial Review Rich List.
In the 2016 list, the net worth of the wealthiest individual, Harry Triguboff AO, was A$10.62 billion. The combined wealth of the 200 individuals was calculated as A$197.3 billion; compared with a combined wealth of A$6.4 billion in 1984 when the BRW Rich 200 commenced.
List of individuals
|2016||Name||Citizenship||Source of wealth||2015|
|1||10.62||Harry Triguboff AO||Australia||Meriton Apartments||3||10.23|
|2||10.35||Anthony Pratt||Australia||Visy Industries; Pratt Industries||2||10.76|
|3||8.26||Frank Lowy AC||Australia||Westfield; property (shopping centres)||4||7.84|
|4||6.06||Gina Rinehart||Australia||Hancock Prospecting; investment||1||14.02|
|5||5.45||John Gandel AO||Australia||Property (shopping centres)||8||4.40|
|6||5.39||Hui Wing Mau|| People's Republic of China
|7||5.00||James Packer||Australia||Crown Resorts; Consolidated Media Holdings||7||6.08|
|8||3.33||Andrew Forrest||Australia||Fortescue Metals Group||9||2.83|
|9||3.33||Ivan Glasenberg|| Australia
|Glencore commodities trading||6||6.14|
|11||2.88||Stan Perron AM||Australia||Property||10||2.65|Legend Icon Description Has not changed from the previous year's list Has increased from the previous year's list Has decreased from the previous year's list
- Stensholt, John, ed. (27 May 2016). "2016 BRW Rich 200". Financial Review. Australia. Retrieved 7 June 2016.
- Ong, Thuy (26 May 2016). "BRW rich list topped by Harry Triguboff, Gina Rinehart slips to fourth". ABC News. Australia. Retrieved 7 October 2019.
- Ward, Miranda (4 March 2016). "Fairfax Media to close BRW website with team joining new Leadership section at AFR". Mumbrella. Retrieved 4 March 2016.
- Janda, Michael (31 May 2019). "Australia's wealthiest have become 50 times richer in my lifetime". ABC News. Australia. Retrieved 7 October 2019.
- Stensholt, John, ed. (June 2015). "2015 BRW Rich 200". BRW. Sydney. Retrieved 9 June 2015.
- Chancellor, Jonathan (22 May 2013). "Billionaire property developer Hui Wing Mau the highest debutant on BRW Rich List". SmartCompany. Retrieved 17 July 2014.
- Wen, Philip (26 May 2011). "Mystery billionaire emerges from corporate shadows". Executive Style. Australia. Retrieved 8 October 2019.
- Glasenberg, Ivan (5 May 2013). "Letztlich macht es keine Differenz, ob Ihr Vermögen eine Milliarde beträgt oder sechs". SonntagsZeitung (Interview) (in German). Interviewed by Martin Spieler. Archived from the original on 6 May 2013. Retrieved 30 September 2019.