Adara Networks (stylized as “ADARA Networks”) is an American software company.
The company creates SDN infrastructure orchestration software and provides cloud computing. It has several dozen partners in its channel program. Adara’s cloud software includes an SDI Visualizer for topological rendering, an SLA Manager for determining cost efficiency, and utilize Sirius Routers. Afterwards the company developed its Horizon SDA Platform, which has an Ecliptic SDN controller, Axis vSwitch, SoftSwitch, and cloud computing engine.
In 2008 Adara developed a networking electronic medical records project for the US Congress. Adara has served on Industry Advisory Panels for the Congress as well. The company has also held contracts with the Department of Defense, and spent its first ten years or so working in the public sphere before opening up to private companies, including SMEs, in 2011. In 2012 Adara created a full stack network for its cloud, and in 2013 its controller became open source. Then in 2016, Adara partnered with Calient Technologies to develop an integrated SD-WAN. The company’s CEO is Eric Johnson.
- Goransson, Paul; Black, Chuck; Culver, Timothy (25 October 2016). "Software Defined Networks: A Comprehensive Approach". Morgan Kaufmann – via Google Books.
- Ramel, By David; 09/10/2015. "Cisco, Extreme, Big Switch Form SDN Partnerships -". Virtualization Review.
- Moore, John (15 January 2013). "Channel Partners Poised to Help Enterprises Build Software-Defined Networks". CIO.
- Subramaniam, Karthikeyan (2 October 2013). "Software-defined infrastructure: Cloud services do SDN one better". InfoWorld.
- "Major SDN vendors Part II: Dell, Jeda, ADARA, PLUMgrid". 19 March 2014.
- Congress, United States (24 May 2019). "Congressional Record: Proceedings and Debates of the ... Congress". U.S. Government Printing Office – via Google Books.
- http://www.washingtontimes.com, The Washington Times. "Favoritism fears halt major military health upgrade". The Washington Times.
- Personnel, United States Congress House Committee on Armed Services Subcommittee on Military (24 May 2019). "Department of Defense Health Information Technology: AHLTA is "intolerable," where Do We Go from Here? : Joint Hearing Before the Military Personnel Subcommittee Meeting Jointly with Terrorism, Unconventional Threats, and Capabilities Subcommittee of the Committee on Armed Services, House of Representatives, One Hundred Eleventh Congress, First Session, Hearing Held March 24, 2009". U.S. Government Printing Office – via Google Books.
- "Verizon, Partners Push OpenFlow, SDN". IT Infrastructure Advice, Discussion, Community - Network Computing. 17 April 2012.
- "'ADARA' to Make SDN Solutions Available for SMBs". CIOReview.
- "ADARA Networks Looks To Virtualize Entire Networks". IT Infrastructure Advice, Discussion, Community - Network Computing. 19 December 2011.
- Kusnetzky, Dan. "ADARA Networks - is it bigger than a breadbox?". ZDNet.
- "Adara Claims SDN First". Light Reading.
- "Cisco's Investment in VeloCloud Highlights Momentum of SD-WAN". eWEEK.
- "Open? Yeah, Sure. Sorry Oracle, You're Still Full Of It". TechCrunch.